Food Truck Safety
Written on: February 1, 2021
Make the most of your food truck business with these best practices for propane.
Whether your food truck serves tacos, desserts or the next new food trend, our priority at Georgia Gas Distributors is that you and your team–as well as your customers–stay safe.
Following are the main points from the Propane System Integrity Checklist developed by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
- Confirm that you have access to the main shutoff valve on all gas containers.
- Store portable gas containers upright and secured to prevent tipping over.
- Inspect gas systems prior to each use.
- Perform leak testing on all new connections in the gas system.
- Perform leak testing on all gas connections affected by replacement of an exchangeable container.
- Document all leak testing.
- Make available leak testing documentation for review by authorized officials.
- Ensure that a flexible connector is installed between the regulator outlet and the fixed piping system.
- Ensure the gas detection system has been tested in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Learn more about food truck safety on our resource page about this topic.
We offer FREE in-depth propane safety training to our customers. Learn more here.