What Size Are Propane Tanks for Forklifts?
Written on: October 24, 2022
Propane takes your forklift operations to the next level
Are you looking for propane services that you can trust to safely and dependably power your commercial forklifts? At Georgia Gas Distributors, we keep businesses across Metro Atlanta running smoothly with reliable propane service for forklift operations of all sizes. Read on to learn about how we can help take your business to the next level with propane for your forklifts.
Cylinder sizing may be standard, but service is not
The most common forklift propane cylinder is about 33 lbs. and holds roughly 7.8 gallons. But, that hardly means forklift propane services are one-size fits all – at least not at Georgia Gas. We are here to meet your business’s unique needs, including the following:
- Services tailored to your specific forklift operations. Customers across Metro Atlanta and in the surrounding counties appreciate the personalized service they get from Georgia Gas.
- Expertise. We are the only independent forklift cylinder provider in Atlanta, and we have the largest fleet of service and delivery vehicles in the Metro Atlanta region.
- Flexibility to fit your needs. We offer on-site cylinder fill-ups as well as a cylinder exchange service.
- Affordability you can count on. We offer cost-efficient, dependable propane services.
- Commercial niche. We only serve commercial customers, and never split our focus with residential service. You won’t ever have to worry about getting a technician who knows more about fireplaces than forklifts.
Choosing the right delivery services and safety features
We offer tanks, safety platforms, cages and delivery services to suit the needs of your business and to keep your project on track.
- Flexible delivery. Depending on your usage and needs, we also offer deliveries at a variety of frequencies—from multiple times a week to monthly.
- You’re in control. While we encourage you to schedule your forklift-propane deliveries in advance whenever possible, will-call service for forklift-propane cylinders is also available.
- Safety first. Our goal is always to help you elevate your projects – and people – with safety in mind. All of the non-integrated work platforms we offer always meet or exceed OSHA safety requirements.
Do propane forklifts beat electric equipment? You bet!
Propane offers a range of advantages and will serve you — and your forklift operations — well, now and into the future. Take a look at the following comparison points:
- Safer. The automatic shut-off feature on heavy-duty sealed fuel cylinders allows for increased safety.
- Cheaper. Propane-powered forklifts present lower maintenance costs than gasoline or diesel models — as well as fewer engine deposits. In addition, their engines often have a much longer life span than those powered by electricity or other sources.
- More Powerful. Propane has a higher-octane rating than gasoline (114–112 versus 87–92) and produced greater horsepower.
- Lower emissions. Businesses use propane powered forklifts indoors because of the low emissions.
Elevate your business with propane forklifts
Family owned and operated since 1957, Georgia Gas Distributors is proud to help businesses put their propane-fueled forklifts to work and get the job done. Whether you need cylinder exchange service or on-site propane delivery, we’re here for you. Our friendly, responsive staff has you covered and is always available to answer your questions.
From Cherokee County to Fayette County, and Douglas County to Gwinnett County, Georgia Gas Distributors is here to serve your forklift-fueling needs! Contact us with your questions or get a quote today!